Deciding on the right bridal hairstyle is just one more part of your magic day. Fortunately, there are far fewer wedding hairstyles than wedding dresses to choose from. Basically, up, half up, or down are three options. Here are the 5 things to consider to find your best bridal hairstyle.
1. Wedding Theme Is your wedding going to be formal, casual, outside? Your wedding hairstyle should go with the theme and location, taking inspiration from your winter, church, or beach wedding. Your bridal hair needs to withstand the events of the day, from sea spray to dancing all night. Consider the location and day’s activities when choosing your hair.
2. Your Dress You’ve picked your wedding dress based on your wedding location or theme. This will also help you pick your wedding hair. Certain bridal hairstyles flatter wedding dress necklines.
With a strapless dress, an updo is a classic look that will highlight your collarbone and the neckline of your dress. A romantic take on this look incorporates wisps or curls tumbling down, maybe with hair half up. Wearing your hair all the way down another option, both classic and romantic.
Romantic sweetheart necklines pair will with a soft, natural bridal hairstyle. Loose curls tumbling down from a half up hairstyle are elegant and timeless look.
Dresses with straps, sleeves, or high necklines are well-suited with an updo, highlighting both your dress choice and hair.
Finally, consider how formal your wedding and dress are. Updos can vary from sleek or messy so keep it all within your chosen theme. Fun variations that bring your personality into the look include side hairstyles or hairstyles with braids.
3. Your Hair The length and texture of your hair will help you decide between an updo, half up do, or hair down bridal hairstyle. Working with your hair can help achieve your best bridal hair. For example, incorporating your natural curls into a soft and romantic look.
On your special day, don’t feel limited because of straight, curly, or short hair. There are many tools to help you achieve your desired look. Consider adding extensions to achieve desired length or volume or straightening hair for the sleek look that complements your dress.
Depending on how much time you have before your wedding, you can grow hair longer or colour it to your hearts content. Remember, don’t make any sudden changes before the wedding. Consult professional help!
4. Face Shape You already have a face-flattering hairstyle. Use the same face shape guidelines for your bridal hairstyle.
Long faces are flattered with some width and volume from curls or fringe.
Square faces benefit from curls that soften your angular features.
For heart-shaped faces, draw attention to the eyes or cheekbones and away from the chin, the focal point of your face. Side-swept bangs are really flattering for you.
Balance round faces with some height in the crown of an updo. Frame the face while minimizing volume with long layers or loose curls. If you don’t have the hair length to achieve the look yet, remember you can use extensions to add length or volume.
Oval faces remain the most versatile. Pick your best features and highlight them. An updo will draw attention to your bone structure or neck while bangs will focus attention on your gorgeous eyes.
5. Accessories Tiaras, veils, and jewels are fun accessories to incorporate into your bridal hairstyle. Use the above steps to decide on a hairstyle before you choose your veil or headpiece. Bring any accessories to your trial so your stylist can incorporate them to compliment your hairstyle.
Accessories should augment, not distract. Also, be wary of trends. Be yourself and when in doubt, stick to classic looks. They are tried and true because they are beautiful.
Always remember, you’re the star. Don’t go overboard on the dress or bling. Let your joy, love, and beauty shine through.