Add bangs to your hairstyle for a fresh, cute, and cool new look. Hairstyles with bangs frame the face, flatter features, and add sex appeal, without losing any hair length. Incorporate bangs into your existing long, layered, medium, or curly hairstyle. Check out these pictured of straight, angled, wispy, layered, or side swept bangs!
Bangs are great for so many reasons but especially for flattering foreheads and ears. Cover a high or wide forehead with full, wispy or side swept bangs. To mask protruding ears, opt for bangs that hit at the middle of your nose. They can be parted in the middle or at the side. Use bangs to highlight eyes, accentuate cheekbones, or just update your current hairdo. Choose from the main types of bangs:
- Basic bangs cut straight across the forehead with edges just touching skimming the eyes
- Use straight bangs to emphasize your eyes so consider some dramatic eye makeup.
- Draw attention to chiseled cheekbones with full eyebrow-length bangs
- A modern take on the classic look, diagonal bangs taper from short to long on an angle
- Asymmetrical bangs have a lot of movement and are a great choice for thick hair
- To enhance small eyes, try soft, short bangs cut on the diagonal
- Side bangs sweep elegantly across the eye and are often layered
- Side-swept bangs flatter all face shapes and work for long and short hairstyles
- Choose side bangs to uplift the face and draw the attention to the eyes
- Layered bangs go with layered hairstyles of all lengths
- For straight hair, layered bangs can be angled or graduated to frame the face
- With wavy or curly hair, layered bangs can be worn either straight or curly
- Long sweeping bangs flatter small foreheads
- Start with wispy bangs if you want to try bangs but not fully commit
- Variations of wispy bangs, from straight to angled, work with all hairstyles and all face shapes
- To accentuate large eyes, go for fine wispy bangs, which sit straight down or to the side
One last note about maintaining bangs. The hair is in contact with forehead so use less conditioner to keep them from making your face oily.